Please read below to see how Kronos handles data. Your privacy matters to us. Before you get to the details, here are a few of our fundamental privacy principles:
- Data you upload to Kronos may be seen by others users, depending on your privacy settings.
- We aggregate certain anonymous data about our members, for business purposes.
- We offer you several means to handle the privacy of your personal data.
Kronos is set in Epinay sur Orge, FRANCE and our Services and Website are provided to you by Kronos SAS. Should you be a resident of the European Union (“EU”), Kronos SAS is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of EU data protection law.
21 rue des Sablons
91360 Epinay sur Orge
How Kronos Uses data
We also use your data to analyze and improve the Services and Website. Kronos may therefore use third party analytics providers to obtain information about how our Services and Website are used and to assist us in improving those. We may also use your data to market the Services, credit or accept payments, provide support related to the Services and Website, protect members and enforce our Terms of Service, promote safety, and communicate with you. Additionally, your data may be shared with third parties, as set forth below.
Kronos may de-identify or aggregate the content you make available in connection with the Services and Website, in ways that do not directly identify you. Examples of such data include information about equipment, usage, routes and performance. Kronos may use, sell, license, and share this data with third parties for research, business or other purposes.
We also use your data to respond to you when you contact us. Kronos will generally use your data to communicate with you, for example by sending you notifications.
How data is Shared
We may share your data with third parties who provide services to Kronos such as supporting and improving the Services and Website, promoting the Services and Website or processing payments. These service providers will only have access to the smallest data necessary to perform these limited functions and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect data about your use of the Services and Website over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote Kronos or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services and Website or other platforms.
Publicly Available data
Subject to your privacy settings, your data and content may be publicly accessible.
Third Party Business via API or Other Integrations
When you choose to use third party apps, plug-ins, or websites that integrate with the Services and Website, they may receive your data and content, including your personal data, photos, and your activity data (including private activities). data collected by these third parties is subject to their terms, policies, and conditions. Kronos is not responsible for the terms, policies or conditions of third parties.
Affiliates and Acquirors of our Business or Assets
We Collect, Use, Share and Process data
- as needed to provide the Services and Website and fulfill our obligations.
- where you have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise and defend legal claims,
- to protect your vital interests or those of others,
- where you have made the data public,
- where needed in the public interest,
- where needed for the purposes of Kronos or a third party's legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, users or partners.
Our Legitimate Interests
We process your data in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including:
- keeping the Services and Website safe and secure. We do so as it is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of Kronos and its users, in ensuring the Services and Website are secure, and to protect against fraud and spam.
- providing and improving the Services and Website. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing and developing innovative and tailored offerings to our members on a sustained basis.
Data Kronos Collects
Kronos collects data about you, including data that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you choose to share it with Kronos. We receive data in different ways, including when you complete, upload or track activities using the Services and Website. Kronos also collects data regarding how you make use of the Services and Website. There are also opportunities for you to share data about yourself or your activities with Kronos. For example:
- We collect basic account data (e.g. your name, email address, birthday, gender, login and password that helps secure and grant you access to our Services and Website).
- Profile and use data is collected about you when you choose to upload a picture, activity (including date, time and geo-location data as well as your speed or pace) or otherwise use the Services and Website.
- Kronos may collect (or infer, for instance on training programs) health data, which may include data such as heart rate, power, cadence, height and weight (or any other indicator). Before you can upload health data to Kronos (or data from which Kronos can infer health data), you need to give your explicit consent to the processing by Kronos of that specific data. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
- Kronos collects data from devices you connect to Kronos. (e.g, you may connect your Garmin devices to Kronos, and data from these devices will be passed along to Kronos).
- We gather data from photos, posts, comments, other content you share on the Services and Website, including when you create segments or routes.
- When you make a payment on Kronos, you may provide payment data such as your payment card or other payment details. We do not store such data.
- We collect and process location data when you sign up for and use the Services and Website. To record your itinerary and to provide you with your training statistics and inclusion in the Service's features (for example, the leaderboard for a segment), it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of your device, including data such as speed and direction. Processing of your location data is mandatory to the service we provide and a necessary part of our performance of the agreement we do have with you.
- We also obtain additional third party data about users from partners, researchers, and others. We may combine data that we collect from you with data obtained from other users, third parties and data derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide. We may also collect data about you from other users such as when they comment about you.
- We collect data from your computer or mobile device. This data will provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services and Website. This technical information includes device and network data, cookies, analytics data, log files.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie will be stored on your computer when you visit the Website. Kronos uses this technology to personalize your experience and to help in delivering content specific to you. Additionally, after you've entered your login and password during a session on the Services and Website, Kronos saves this specific data so you don't enter your credentials more than once during that session.
To manage the collection of data through cookies or other equivalent technology, you may use the settings on your browser or mobile device (Most browsers automatically accept cookies). Kronos keeps in mind that providing you choices to manage your privacy and sharing is essential. However, Kronos does not respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals. Not accepting cookies might make certain features of the Services and Website unavailable to you. Kronos might also use your IP address to identify you, to maintain the Services and Website and to help diagnosing problems with our servers.
The Services and Website use log files. Stored data includes browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), IP addresses, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends or secure the Services and Website.
We may preserve and share your data with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your data if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Service or fraud or abuse of Kronos or its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
How We Protect data
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, therefore Kronos cannot warrant the security of any data you transmit to us. Transmitting personal data is done at your own risk.
We take several measures to protect the transmission and storage of the data we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you share with us, and Kronos cannot be held accountable for the theft, destruction, loss, or inadvertent disclosure of your data or content, as there is no such thing as a 100% secured environment. The Services and Website uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure the encryption of personal data and credit card numbers. The Services and Website are registered with site identification authorities, so that your browser can approve Kronos's identity before any personally identifiable information is sent. In addition, Kronos's secure servers protect this data using firewall technology.
Be aware you need to use a secure browser to submit your credit card data or any other personal data at the Services and Website. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-compatible browser, your data might be intercepted and stolen.
Most browsers are able to notify you if you change between secure and insecure protocols, receive invalid dentification data for the Services and Website you are interacting with, or send data over an unsecured connection. Kronos strongly advises that you enable these browser functions to make sure your communications are secure. Please check the validity of any Services and Website you connect to using secure communications.
Managing Your Settings
Kronos offers several features and settings to help you manage your privacy and how you share your activities. Kronos offers you the option to make your activities private into your profile.
Updating Account data
You may correct or update profile or account data that is inaccurate whenever you find it useful by adjusting that data in your account profile.
Deleting data and Accounts
You may request your account deletion. Be aware that once deleted, NONE of your information, including your account and activities can be recovered.
However, content you have shared with other users or that other users copied may also remain available after you have deleted your account or deleted the data from your profile.
EU Users' Rights
If you live within the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your data, as well as the right to restrict certain processing of your information. Kronos complies with EU GDPR laws. While most of these rights apply generally, a few rights apply only in some limited circumstances, as specified below:
- Access and Porting: you can access much of your data by logging into your account.
- Revoke consent : where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. Please note that we might continue to process your data after you have withdrawn consent, if we have a legal reason to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain activities.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete : you can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account. Should you be unable to proceed, please reach us at [email protected]
- Object : where we process your data based on our interests (or the public interest) explained above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will no longer be processing your data unless we have legitimate reasons to do so or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
- Complain : you have the right to raise a concern with your local supervisory authority If you wish to to do so about the way we use your data (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have).
Retention of data
Data about you, that should no longer be necessary and relevant to provide our Services and Website may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide commercially valuable intelligence.
The Services and Website are operated from France. If you are located outside of France and choose to use the Services and Website or provide data to us, you acknowledge and understand that your data will be transferred and stored in France, where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.